Services Available at River Country Eye Care
River Country Eye Care is proud to be able to bring the latest lens and contact lens technology to our patients. Our office offers many products to meet your needs including glasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses.
River Country Eye Care is a full scope Optometry clinic providing preventive eye care and treatment of ocular disease, eye injury & other eye emergencies. Our mission is to provide excellent comprehensive eye care to our community with honesty, integrity and compassion.
Dr. Goff provides a full scope of eye care services. A sample of the services available are listed below:
- Diabetic Eye Examinations
- Glaucoma Diagnosis and Treatment
- Management of Age Related Macular Degeneration
- Cataract Evaluation and Surgical Co-Management
- Refractive Surgery Co-Management
- Evaluation and Treatment of Eye Infections
- Treatment for Eye Allergies
- Treatment for Dry Eye
- Care for Eye Injuries and Foreign Body Removals
- Infant and Children’s Eye Examinations
- Examinations of patients with developmental delays, advanced co-morbid illnesses or that may otherwise be difficult to examine (i.e. non-verbal)
- Care for patients on the Autism Spectrum (and similar conditions)
- Treatment for Amblyopia (Lazy Eye)
- Comprehensive Vision Examinations for Glasses and Contact Lenses
- Fitting of Contact Lenses for Keratoconus and Irregular Corneas
- Care for patients experiencing Eye Strain, Eye Fatigue or Blurry Vision
River Country Eye Care offers the following diagnostic technology:
- Digital Retinal Photography
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Automated Threshold Visual Field Testing
- RPS Adeno Detector for Diagnosing Adenoviral Conjunctivitis
Available Cutting Advanced Screening and Diagnostic Services
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) – Eye Imaging Test
OCT is a non-invasive imaging test. OCT is a unique test because it allows doctors to look at cross-sectional layers of the eye. OCT can be used to screen for, diagnose, and monitor conditions of the retina and optic nerve.
Each of the ten layers in the retina can be detected. OCT allows a doctor to measure the thickness of each layer to aid in the early detection and diagnosis of retinal diseases and conditions. Such conditions include age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and many others.
Detailed information can also be obtained about he optic nerve. OCT allows a doctor to measure the thickness and configuration of the optic nerve to aid in the early detection and diagnosis of optic nerve disorders. Such conditions include glaucoma, optic neuritis, papilledema (optic nerve swelling that may be caused by things such as brain tumors or other conditions) and many others.
There is no special preparation for this test.
The testing time is very short. You will be seated for the test. Your face will be stabilized with a positioning device during the test. The technician will use a special camera to take pictures of your inner eye. The images are transmitted to a computer for your doctor to view.